Do you know that there are over 18.000 Drupal modules currently available for various improvements you wish to add to your website. While the community is eagerly working and expecting the arrival on Drupal 8, more and more developers fall in love with this Open Source initiative and become contributors. In these circumstances, you probably of spending a lot of time in finding and trying the right modules amongst the plenty useless ones which is time consuming and nervous process.
Note the Top 10 modules to integrate for building a good Drupal site:
2. User Relationship – Administrators are able create relationship types (friend, coworker, etc). Available here
3. Views – You like the default front page view, but you find you want to sort it differently.
- You like the default taxonomy/term view, but you find you want to sort it differently; for example, alphabetically.
- You use /tracker, but you want to restrict it to posts of a certain type.
- You like the idea of the ‘article’ module, but it doesn’t display articles the way you like.
- You want a way to display a block with the 5 most recent posts of some particular type.
- You want to provide ‘unread forum posts’.
- You want a monthly archive similar to the typical Movable Type/Wordpress archives that displays a link to the in the form of “Month, YYYY (X)” where X is the number of posts that month, and displays them in a block. The links lead to a simple list of posts for that month. The module is available here
4. Media – The Media module provides an extensible framework for managing files and multimedia assets, regardless of whether they are hosted on your own site or a 3rd party site – it is commonly referred to as a ‘file browser to the internet’. Available here
5. Ubercart – Ubercart is the most popular Drupal E-Commerce platform for your website. It implements everything you need to start selling products online. Get it here
6. Video – Video module allows you to upload video in any format, play video in any format. Available here
7. Webform – Webform is the module for making surveys in Drupal. Available here
8. Nice menus – Nice Menus enables drop-down/right/left expandable menus. Available here
9. Profile 2 – Multiple profile types may be created via the UI. Available here
10. Slideshow – Views Slideshow can be used to create a slideshow of any content (not just images) that can appear in a View. Get it here
… And as a bonus,
I must not forget the all-star module called Drush whose sole purpose is to let you find the modules you want, install them, uninstall, or update them straight from your terminal without the need of manually visiting the module’s web page downloading it and installing it. If your are serious about Drupal, Drush must always be in your pocket. Get it here
Image credit: www.layotsparks.com