Mobile apps have really grown in importance in very few years thanks to the rise in sales of the Smartphone and tablet devices. Thus, the need for capturing the advertising and marketing genre for such apps is essential to enhance customer engagement and to make revenue!
Mobile Content Marketing Industry Overview
- Mobile web browsing accounted for over 30% of all web traffic in the year 2012 and is expected to rise by more than 50% by the year 2016.
- By 2016, the overall number of mobile devices is expected to surpass the entire world’s population.
- Mobile phones accounted for 13% of overall web traffic in August 2012 as compared to desktops.
- Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Amazon, and Wikimedia are the top-5 media entities accessed on mobile devices across the world.
Now that it is clear to you how large the mobile arena is and how important it is when it comes to capturing a customer’s attention with the help of mobile app marketing, let’s see what mobile marketing entails…
The Need for Mobile App Marketing and Its Best Practices
- Mobile app marketing as an industry is already massive and has overtaken desktop Internet access in most developing countries since not everyone can buy a desktop computer, but they sure can invest in an entry level smartphone.
- Every marketer needs to tap in on an opportunity to reach various audiences via mobile and make their mobiles sites more accessible and presentable.
- Running constant health checks on website or app will let you know what customers search for with the help of analytics.
- You need to keep in mind that a smartphone acts a tool that provides a user with quick results on any search string, thus it is essential to keep your advertorials in line with the content on display and make it more functional according to the design of the website.
- Mapping over to nearby vendors, stores and retail outlets, is key apart from sporting ads of worldwide brands.
- You can also adapt similar techniques to your desktop site and make it responsive, so that it scales to the smartphone screen size and includes click-to-call buttons that induce some kind of action from the visitor.
- The options for personalization, promoting hyper-relevance and promotional offers are what users crave!
Mobile Content Marketing Pros
- More than 63% of all net using adult cell owners now use their mobile phones to go online
- Mobile search drives various multi-channel conversions.
- Mobile search drives forth offline actions like customer retention.
- Mobile search is a critical part of the decision-making process while doing ecommerce shopping.
- Mobile search triggers offline follow ups and quick online action like purchases or payments.
Mobile marketing covers older phones too via SMS marketing. This mobile marketing approach helps induce users to go for a smartphone and download an app to make their life easier.
With clearly laid out marketing plans like B2B Digital Marketing, Content Marketing, Agency Marketing, SEO, and Strategic planning will help you capture your market more effectively via your app. You can use mobile advertising, Mobile commerce, Mobile marketing analytics, Proximity marketing, SMS Marketing Techniques and QR code marketing to boost your app’s prospects.