Is it just the new kid in the neighborhood who accidentally happens to skate well or is a real game changer? This recent venture has putting its legs on lucrative soil, aims at nothing less than the sky being already accepted and implemented by names we all know – Basecamp, Twitter, Scribd, Fanpop, Geni, Pitchfork, Crazy Egg, Shopify. As per Eric Knipp, Research Director at Gartner, more reputed consumer web companies are opting Ruby on Rails to rapidly develop scalable web applications. Can you be a non-believer after these facts?
Therefore we feel compelled ) to present you the reasons that stand behind the uncompromising acceptance and penetration of this web development technology. Since the official announcement of our re-branding initiative 2 months ago, we have already enriched our web development team with 3 more Ruby on Rails programming specialists and more are about to come. Ever wonder why we did that? Our clients are our voice and here is what they say:
Quick website launch
In just a matter of 6 weeks you can have your complete website up and running compared to traditional methods that takes near about 12 weeks for web development. The factors behind its time saving results include- modular design, leaner code base and availability of existing plugins. Thumbs up for the Ruby on Rails supporters, contributors and freaks.
Easy to make changes
After the launch of websites, one can easily make relevant changes or modifications be it in terms of adding new features or making certain changes in the data model.
You need not spend more if you opt for custom Ruby on Rails development for your website. This is because of the ease and speed with which Rails helps in building modifying any website.
Rails can prove to be an ideal solution for designing and developing your website if it is related to E-Commerce, Membership Sites, Custom Data Solutions and Content management. But before using the Rails platform it is essential to make up your mind to:
- Plan for your website and think in terms of who are your target customers and audiences, identify their needs, their purchasing behavior etc.
- Produce a sitemap focusing on how content will be organized and how people may find what they need
- Prepare a blueprint of pages to have a clear idea where specific content and functions will go
- Think in terms of engaging your audiences to your brand or business
- First impression counts. So make sure your website delivers a great user experience
- Make sure that website visuals and content displayed are consistent
- Ensure that the coding standards and accessibility are well dealt.
From start-ups to established enterprises, all have benefited from Ruby on Rails for developing their websites as it results in company growth and increased productivity. At present more than 200, 000 websites are using Rails and the count is still increasing.
If you are already riding on the Rails make sure you share some of your experiences with us.