The global market share of mobile platforms rapidly changing at regular intervals, hybrid mobile application development platform has become first choice for modern enterprises. Xamarin is one of the best cross-platforms around the world, mobile application can be created at a faster and cost efficient way. This platform allows Xamarin developers to write an application code in C#, can share the same code across multiple operating systems (like iOS, Android and Windows).
More than 80% of mobile app development companies believe that cross-platform mobile apps are easier to develop by Xamarin. Gartner says, by 2017, mobile app will be downloaded more than 268 billion times, generating revenue of more than $77 billion and making apps one of the most popular computing tools for users across the globe.
Xamarin is a comprehensive end-to-end mobile solution for an enterprise. There are the following reasons why only Xamarin is used by enterprises: –
- Target Maximum Audiences: Xamarin mobile app is integrated with Software Development Kit (SDK’s) of all mobile operating systems. Doesn’t matter what kind of industry enterprises have, with the help of flawless integration they can target audiences quickly.
- Streamline Business Processes: As we know, organizations use dozens of business processes and tasks every day. With the help of enterprise app, SME’s can easily rationalize business processes and eliminate unnecessary activities, so that they can improve business efficiency and sales.
- Native Experience across Platforms: Xamarin has the ability to deliver native mobile apps for multiple platforms (iOS, Android and Windows) with shared code base. Xamarin uses the same language, API’s (Application Programming Interface) and IDE (Integrated Development Environment) everywhere. Unlike most other hybrid platforms, Xamarin is the biggest platform due to having Native Performance.
- Support and Compatible with Smart Devices: Along with all major mobile platforms, Xamarin also supports and compatible with disparate smart devices such as mobile phones, wearables, and tablets. It becomes easier for enterprises and delivers great user experience.
- Secure Enterprise Data Integration: Xamarin allows enterprises to integrate with third party applications such as SAP, Salesforce, Azure, Oracle etc. With this data integration – businesses gain easy, secure access to their enterprise data and processes across all platforms.
Conclusion: Overall, Xamarin helps enterprises to minimize cross-platform/hybrid mobile app development time and cost. The growing popularity of mobile app market has influenced many enterprises to embrace Xamarin platform for building creative and innovative mobile applications.